• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Power Divider - Incredibly Stiff

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
My M936 seems to operate differently than the 9-2320-260-10 (Page 2-13) shows. Item 6 in that list says "lever is pushed forward" to provide power to auxiliary equipment. Looking at the picture in that TM, it is obviously a manual transmission and mine isn't.

In my truck, that (power divider) lever just inside the drivers door is lifted up / pushed toward the back of the truck.

It is incredibly stiff. I have sprayed the linkage that I can see right behind the cab to attempt to limber it up. I saw a video that sometimes the transmission needs to be bumped in and out of gear to help engaging...

The transfer case lever is raised to allow winch / boom operations. That lever required a lot of wiggling and it seems to be stuck in the "up" position at the moment...

I don't want to force it, so I wiggle it some. Engage the transmission, then move it back to neutral while wiggling the lever again. Am I missing something? Should I be hunting more linkage to lube?

Evil Dr. Porkchop

Supporting Vendor
Here are the manuals you want to read, you’re looking at the book for an earlier model truck.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think there is some grease fittings under the drivers seat, I think. Yes I have to move my lever to the back to engage the PTO, also need to have the transfer case in Neutral and may have to move the transfer case lever up and down a little. Also I have found you may need to let the truck row a little to get it to engage.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Here are the manuals you want to read, you’re looking at the book for an earlier model truck.
Thank You. I still have a hard time understanding how "939 Series" is what these trucks are called. Most times numbers go up. Maybe a "930 Series" would have made more sense to me. Especially since my truck is a 936.

I really appreciate the link to the proper TM's. I have them downloaded and will definitely make use of them!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I think there is some grease fittings under the drivers seat, I think. Yes I have to move my lever to the back to engage the PTO, also need to have the transfer case in Neutral and may have to move the transfer case lever up and down a little. Also I have found you may need to let the truck row a little to get it to engage.
Thanks! Feels good to know my truck isn't backward :cool: . I started at the back of the truck with a grease gun. One tube of grease. I have replaced about 20 zerk fittings so far and ran out of grease. I will be hunting for another behind the seat... The Transfer Case lever is a little stiff too so maybe I will crawl under and look.

charlesmann

Both my shifters are super tight. I sometimes have to put my xmsn in 1-5 to get the t case lever to fall in place. Same goes for the pto lever, t case in neutral, xmsn in 1-5 and apply pressure to the t case pto lever for it to engage.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thank You! I grumbled at it again this morning. TC didn't want to go into low or high range. So I just played with the boom and winches. :unsure:. Worked on the outriggers some more. I will give your suggestion a try when it cools down a little and report back.

Power divider by the door - it works well now. I followed the linkage based on recommendations from
M35A2-AZ and found one grease fitting under the drivers seat. Shot it with one pump and that helped a LOT.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks