• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Switch

bigboy44

I am cleaning the M936 I recovered and am just about ready to check out the crane, I read the TM several time on the operation and viewed all the diagrams to insure I don't mess anything up. I found this switch but don't know what it does, I can't find any rocket launchers under her so it can't be for that! Any info.

The TM confuses me, can anyone give me a straight forward approach to get the crane ready for use.

Thanks in advance.aua

Attachments

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What about going to the work lights OR the warning beacons

I would turn ON the master, then filp the MYSTERY switch on, and see what lights up OR what happens, If the wrecker jumps up and starts to do the shake, rattle and roll, you will know that the switch is the ELVIS transformer CONTROL SWITCH.

Last edited:

nf6x

Feral Engineer
The toggle with the red cover does not look like original equipment to me, so you'll need to trace the wires and experiment. My M543A2 has a 3-prong AC outlet socket hanging off the back end... never did figure out what it's for!

markmontana

Getting the crane ready is pretty straightforward. Check the fluid level in the big tank.

Then follow TM- transfer case in N, Transmission in 1-5, engage PTO lever. Should adjust to fast idle. Head back to the crane seat and start working.

You also need to take the shipper braces off the crane and be sure to set the outriggers- if you are going to swing the crane to the sides.

Image: an untouched panel- all original.

Attachments

AaronW

Sorry to hijack.......Mark, are you doing 25mph@2250rpm in 1-2???????? Am I seeing that gear selector wrong?

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks