• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Wrecker Hydraulic Fluid Civilian Counterpart

WildernessJeep

Hey guys I'm out in the field and need to add hydraulic fluid to my 1984 m936 medium duty Wrecker. I've looked at the lubricating order and it seems to want me to use a hundred gallons of engine oil (OE/HDO). Does anyone have a civilian counterpart or hydraulic type that will work well in this system? If I amsupposed to use engine oil, what weight?

charlesmann

Hey guys I'm out in the field and need to add hydraulic fluid to my 1984 m936 medium duty Wrecker. I've looked at the lubricating order and it seems to want me to use a hundred gallons of engine oil (OE/HDO). Does anyone have a civilian counterpart or hydraulic type that will work well in this system? If I amsupposed to use engine oil, what weight?
the manual says hdo 10, which is basically 10wt oil which is iso 32, which i got in 5gal buckets from tractor supply. You’ll just have to look on the buckets to find the iso or wait till someone finds it for you and replies . Im in south america and for some stupid reason, i cant pull up tsc’s website and i cant go look at the bucket in my yard to tell you what type.
research the oil on tsc’s site and go get it, or go up there and sears and robuck the oils till you find the equiv oil

charlesmann

I also put in 3 gallons of lucas stop leak to help with my seeping parts, which it did. But do NOT put 100 gal of oil. Im still puking oil out after operating the crane and hen i boomed down the first time after replacing all the fluid, it pissed out, i would imagine, 2-3 gallons and did that for a while, and now, i get baby pukes, instead of niagra falls of oil. I would stop at 90 gal and add a gal at time till the fluid just touches the dip stick and cycle controls a bunch, ensuring all fluid is back in its systems, then check and add.
But it only happens when i let the boom down rapidly, that it pukes oil. It just barely above the bottom of the dip stick now

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
I use CAM 2 brand. 10w hydraulic oil. $200 for an 55gal drum from Rural king.

Napa business coat is around $28 a 5gal pail which is around $310 for 55 gal

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Shell Tellus 46 is a good grade of Hydraulic Oil. 10wt, lots of good anti-wear additives. We use it in equipment in the business and I use it on tractors, log splitters and it fulfills my MV requirements. Helps that I have a Shell Distributor about two miles up the road from us...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks