• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936 Wrecker, New Toys for Me! - Two Snatch Blocks! - Need Safety Clips and Springs

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Well... I just had to tell somebody who might get excited about it. I stumbled across a heck of a deal for two Snatch Blocks. Everything is functional on both of them. Roller where the cable rides is free-spinning and has no "gritty" sound when moving.

I figure both need a light hit of grease in the zerk on the pulley shaft.

Does anybody know where to get the spring and safety clip for something like this?

Snatch Blocks NewToMe.jpg Snatch Block Tag - GRH Johnson.jpg

zebedee

conceptualizer at large
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are only using snatch blocks for "pulling" or 'recovery' then no safety catch or "mousing" is needed. Though for lifting, it is required.

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
If you are only using snatch blocks for "pulling" or 'recovery' then no safety catch or "mousing" is needed. Though for lifting, it is required.
Thanks for the info zebedee

Glad to know that. On the plus side, I found a local Crosby dealer about a half mile from me. Ashley Sling is over on Graham Street here in Charlotte. I figure I will throw those in my truck and ride over after lunch and see if they have clips. Their website says they also sell wire rope and I am in the market for some of that as well... I doubt that I will ever use them for lifting, but having them in place might be smart - just in case!

I was doing some reading last night and apparently you can lift people if you have the type of clip that is secured when closed. I couldn't imagine that being and "OSHA Approved" lift...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks