• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M936A1

GILBERT2020

Questions, just found a M936A1 near me that i don't need but cant turn down. Guy is willing to sell it to me for what I think is a steal of a price. I really am thinking about buying it just because its a hell of a deal. But are are these NHC250 a good motor? I have an M936A2 and its been a great motor so far, but it doesn't have much power from take off at a dead stop. Used me M936A2 to pull a fully loaded 18wheeler stuck this past month and she really didn't like it, also had some major storms and pulled a large tree off the road and she really wasn't a fan of it in low and 1st gear. Maybe hoping the NHC-250 could offer more low end power? I mean the M936A2 is great once you get the tires rolling, but its getting those tires moving that is the problem for me. Thanks for any input guys.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
If the motor has super low miles/hrs since it's rebuild I would be wary. They throw rods from the rebuild process. If it has hours on it then it would be fine.

The NHC250 was a 70s workhorse. You don't hear of many issues in the 809 series trucks. Mostly just the 939 RRAD rebuilds. I put 250k on one in a 923.

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If the motor has super low miles/hrs since it's rebuild I would be wary. They throw rods from the rebuild process. If it has hours on it then it would be fine.

The NHC250 was a 70s workhorse. You don't hear of many issues in the 809 series trucks. Mostly just the 939 RRAD rebuilds. I put 250k on one in a 923.
What do you suppose was causing them to fail after rebuild? One would think a refresh would prevent such things.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
What do you suppose was causing them to fail after rebuild? One would think a refresh would prevent such things.
The guy in the rebuild department was leaving snap rings out of the wrist pins, not aligning the piston rings.

I don't think they load test the engines properly etc after rebuild anyway

• Wow
Reactions: HDN

eric67camino

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The guy in the rebuild department was leaving snap rings out of the wrist pins, not aligning the piston rings.

I don't think they load test the engines properly etc after rebuild anyway
Well, I guess that would do it. Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks