• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Behind the Cab Platform

wsucougarx

Does anyone have a source for this particular behind the cab platform? I have been looking all over and I am unable to find it. It typically has a bunch of magnets arranged in a circular fashion. I think it was originally used for a locator beacon of some sort. I have another project where I need this unit. I'm hoping maybe someone has seen them at a military parts vendor or something. Please advise.

Attachments

Last edited:

MarcM35A2

It is for the GPS system. Many trucks here in germany have this. Do you have somthing like a radio box on the passenger side of the dashbord too? It should be next to the dataplates. This box is part of thre GPS system as well. When gps is installed, there is a white dome on the mounting in the back of your cab. That seems to be the antenna.

machinist75

Mike I would contact the gentleman in Salina, Kansas 91w350 who works at bfr metals. I bet he could get you what you are looking for. They part out a lot of 900 series 5 tons out of camp shelby and he has some very good prices.

rrrr

I put my solargizer on top of the mount. Works great, out of the way, and nothing blocking it from the sun.

Artisan

Mike I won't be able to live w/o one of those now...so "IF"
you find them and there is more than one I could use one
and would appreciate a link / heads up as to where.

I will be on the hunt now too and will likewise if I run into then.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe they are right next to the Hen's teeth distributor in unobtainium. Trolling through lots of Gl pics through the last year, and only saw the one. I asked GL to put me in contact with the purchaser but nothing as of yet......

Artisan

After Mikes request is fulfilled I am in line for
one as well is anyone runs into a honey hole full of them.

Just PM me if they are found...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks