• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M939 Wiring /Lighting issue

texczech

The local rural fire department has a M939 with Lighting issues- Headlights, tail & turn signals don't work. Where can I get a repair manual to cover this problem/diagnosis or any quick tips on where & how to check? Thanks!

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
The local rural fire department has a M939 with Lighting issues- Headlights, tail & turn signals don't work. Where can I get a repair manual to cover this problem/diagnosis or any quick tips on where & how to check? Thanks!
The TM's (Technical Manuals) are posted here. Free download. TM9-2320-272-24-4 has electrical diagrams with the full truck electrical on page 819. That page is attached below.

TM9-2320-272-24-4 Wire Diagram.jpg

The turn signal (SignalStat) will generally last forever - but everything out on the back of the truck goes through it - so that is a good place to look. Reading your post a second time mentions headlights, so that points more at the 3 Lever switch... Has anyone made changes to the lighting recently? Like maybe adding or upgrading to LED's possibly?

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Might want to insure that personnel understand how to use the 3 lever switch.
Check in the dash 10 manual you can download I think.
Good reminder @GopherHill
Here are the easy version of "Cheat Notes" for the 3 Lever Switch.

Light Switch Sticker.jpeg

Brake lights for example DO NOT operate if the lights aren't in the "Service Drive" position texczech .

Micmada

Make sure the ground/bounding is good. I play with HAM radios and I have the same truck and they tend to develop rogue current through the frame from one piece of electric to the other.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks