• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M93A1 brake lights and Hazards not working

genefireguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All has been good until this morning when doing walk around before heading off for DOT inspection barke lights and hazards are not working. Turn signs and running lights are all working. It maybe just me but the lights appear to be brighter than normaul as if the brakes where being applied, or it could be just me. The only thing we have added was another set of 24 volt tail light but as I said everything has been fine for over a two years. Looking through manual couldn't find any info for this problem. Where should we start looking and a picture would be helpful. We are new to all this so thanks for any help we can get

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Start at Brake light switch. Drivers side of the frame rail. About a foot behind the transfer case. Remove one wire. See if it has power going to it with the light switch in the stop or service selection. If it has no power to the switch on either wire report back and ill tell you where to start testing.

If it has power going to it on one wire. Reinstall the wire, remove the other wire and see if you have power on the opposite side of the brake light switch when someone depresses the brake pedal. IF NO REPLACE THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH, if you have power report back and we will walk to the next step.

genefireguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Start at Brake light switch. Drivers side of the frame rail. About a foot behind the transfer case. Remove one wire. See if it has power going to it with the light switch in the stop or service selection. If it has no power to the switch on either wire report back and ill tell you where to start testing.

If it has power going to it on one wire. Reinstall the wire, remove the other wire and see if you have power on the opposite side of the brake light switch when someone depresses the brake pedal. IF NO REPLACE THE BRAKE LIGHT SWITCH, if you have power report back and we will walk to the next step.
I'm so sorry wasn't able to get back to you before now. We got a little busy here, after following your instruction it looks to be the light switch. I will order a new one on Monday. Just a quick question as you well know there are not to many lights on the rear of this truck so we added a set of 24 volt tail lights. They are LEDs and have worked fine for over a year this wouldn't have caused this problem??? Thanks again for your help we are trying to learn the in and out of this truck and without your help we would be lost.

Steelreaper80

I'm so sorry wasn't able to get back to you before now. We got a little busy here, after following your instruction it looks to be the light switch. I will order a new one on Monday. Just a quick question as you well know there are not to many lights on the rear of this truck so we added a set of 24 volt tail lights. They are LEDs and have worked fine for over a year this wouldn't have caused this problem??? Thanks again for your help we are trying to learn the in and out of this truck and without your help we would be lost.

I second what Simp said. I had no issues with my truck for 3 years in that regard then I had my brake lights staying on all the time and no hazard lights. Replaced the switch and problem solved. No idea why it went bad but that was absolutely my problem.

genefireguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Been a little busy here it has gotten very hot very fast. We got the switch and put it on very thing is back to normal thank you so much for all the help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks