• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M973 SUSV BV206 Hagglund external fuel tank valve - Tech Manual issue

Tarek

5 cylinder Mercedes Turbo model
I know this vehicle's presence is low on this forum, but I'm hoping someone can help.

I found that I have an issue with power not getting to the relays on the external fuel tank, for both supply and return. The tech manual refers to shutting off or opening those valves without being specific. Lo and behold, the manual is referring to a manually operated valve - pretty simple. Well mine has electric solenoid valves. The solenoids work fine with direct power, but they're not getting power from the harness.

I could not find anything on that connection in the manuals. Nothing. The wiring diagrams do not show it, and I know it can't be an aftermarket thing. Looks pretty well integrated in the existing assembly and harness.

Can anyone please help with the relevant info so I can further troubleshoot this? I've already taken too many things apart, chasing this issue.

And where can I get an updated manual, or may be some upgrade notes and addenda?

Thanks in advance
Tarek

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
5 cylinder Mercedes Turbo model
I know this vehicle's presence is low on this forum, but I'm hoping someone can help.

I found that I have an issue with power not getting to the relays on the external fuel tank, for both supply and return. The tech manual refers to shutting off or opening those valves without being specific. Lo and behold, the manual is referring to a manually operated valve - pretty simple. Well mine has electric solenoid valves. The solenoids work fine with direct power, but they're not getting power from the harness.

I could not find anything on that connection in the manuals. Nothing. The wiring diagrams do not show it, and I know it can't be an aftermarket thing. Looks pretty well integrated in the existing assembly and harness.

Can anyone please help with the relevant info so I can further troubleshoot this? I've already taken too many things apart, chasing this issue.

And where can I get an updated manual, or may be some upgrade notes and addenda?

Thanks in advance
Tarek
I know NOTHING about it, but you mentioned solenoids... What about a can or two of spray electrical contact cleaner? There is a Anti-Ox spray cleaner too that seems to help a lot of relays in big green trucks. Might be worth a try.

Also, if you happen to have any sort of black metal military id plate - maybe we can run down some newer books...

Tarek

Thanks but the solenoids are functioning as intended when supplied with power. They were stuck from sitting for a while but they're not the issue. It's just that they're not getting power from the harness. But I'll keep your recommendation for other gremlins I'm chasing on other vehicles.

I'm not sure what you mean by black metal military id plates. Forgive my ignorance.

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Thanks but the solenoids are functioning as intended when supplied with power. They were stuck from sitting for a while but they're not the issue. It's just that they're not getting power from the harness. But I'll keep your recommendation for other gremlins I'm chasing on other vehicles.

I'm not sure what you mean by black metal military id plates. Forgive my ignorance.
Ahh... We were looking for the Snow Cat manuals for somebody here recently. EM-0112 is what we were looking for and it isn't classed for release to the general public. Your subject line is the Hagglund. Similar but different. Sorry for the confusion on my part.

The American black metal id plates often have the TM numbers stamped on them. I had visions of being helpful (useful?). I did discover an old post here on Steel Soldiers though. With links to places to download the books.

Searching that, it turns out that you already have manuals - just not the right drawings...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks