• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M997 from M998 AC upgrade from R12 to 134A

sermis

This has been a challenge workout the MWO 9-2320-289-35-5 (if someone has it let me know).
The AC kit is 4130-01-503-9310 which has new grills, lines, O rings, compressor, etc. I know RAPCO has the kits so if you are trying to make a M997 this is a good start to get it right. Finally discovered the two small brackets in the kit is all that is needed to mount the pancake compressor. Belt is the inboard grove and replaces the power steering belt. Other than guessing what goes where its fairly simple. Only question now is where the AC lines go through the tunnel.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AAVP7

From the compressor, the A/C lines run outboard of the R.H. frame rail, and then pass through the body at the little horizontal area in the body step beside the commander´s seat, above the rearmost cable hole in the inner sidewall of the battery box. I can look up some pics tonight and post them when I´m home.

Does that R134 conversion kit come with instructions ? I´m considering to get one myself. Any chance you might do a scan of those instructions ? The seller doesn´t post much details. For example I assumed that the compressor would only fit in a serpentine belt truck, but it seems it also fits V-belt setups.

Also, does anybody have MWO 9-2320-289-35-5 ? A quick google search didn´t bring any results.

AAVP7

Here´s a pic from Govplanet were the routing of the A/C tubing is visible :

743207_6062_0_0001.jpg

The tubes come down from the A/C compartment, cross behind the commander´s backrest, and then go down through the body right before the backrest. There´s also the double wire with the voltage for the A/C compressor clutch, and the heater fuel pump, just an inch in front of the A/C tubing.

Last edited:

sermis

From the compressor, the A/C lines run outboard of the R.H. frame rail, and then pass through the body at the little horizontal area in the body step beside the commander´s seat, above the rearmost cable hole in the inner sidewall of the battery box. I can look up some pics tonight and post them when I´m home.

Does that R134 conversion kit come with instructions ? I´m considering to get one myself. Any chance you might do a scan of those instructions ? The seller doesn´t post much details. For example I assumed that the compressor would only fit in a serpentine belt truck, but it seems it also fits V-belt setups.

Also, does anybody have MWO 9-2320-289-35-5 ? A quick google search didn´t bring any results.
No instructions in the kit. RAPCO has the kits. I saw one on ebay but price is higher

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

AAVP7

I also ordered one of those update kits. I still hope to get my R12 system running (with R413 as a substitute refrigerant), but it´s good to have a backup plan in case that doesn´t work. Thanks very much for the hint !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks