• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

M998 Height (with Cargo Cover)?

Wire Fox

I'm about to disembark on a little camping trip in a few hours, but I know the route has a few lower bridges...does anybody know the height of a cargo HMMWV? The TM seems to only give the height of the the main crew area, but not of the canopy itself. The most helpful thing is it does list the height of an M997 at 102", but I unfortunately don't know how an M997 compares in height to an M998 with cargo cover. I need to clear 108"...

87k5

Good afternoon Wire Fox,
I have an M998 with the cargo cover, the one that has the troop seats in the back. (Just wanted to be sure we were talking about the same thing) I just went out and measured mine and it tops out at 102".

Charles.

Wire Fox

Good afternoon Wire Fox,
I have an M998 with the cargo cover, the one that has the troop seats in the back. (Just wanted to be sure we were talking about the same thing) I just went out and measured mine and it tops out at 102".

Charles.
Thanks! I did go for it anyway this weekend and it did indeed clear the 108" without an issue. It appears that the M998 cargo cover and M997 ambulance have the same height. Sweet.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 using Tapatalk

CMPPhil

To paraphrase and old saying - Measure twice, drive through the bridge once.

Edited info added later---- Disregard my height measurement it is NOT for an M998

On several occasions I have arrived at covered bridges that heigth was less than 10 foot 6 inches which is the height of my truck, in two cases though the height was academic because they were rated for a lot less than my truck.

Oh yes your asking this question means I'll measuring my truck again today just to make sure, because I can't remember how much grace did I allow myself in that 10'6"?

Later the same day- Well I measured the truck again today sitting on flat floor in the shop, the figure in my head is correct but I won't try driving through any openings that heigth.

Cheers Phil

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks