• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mandatory Maintenance

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is why replacing the fuel lines on a machine from auction is NOT OPTIONAL! These machines are zero time and look absolutely brand new.

Got to love the overspray on the engine paint. They painted EVERYTHING.

View attachment 893644View attachment 893645
I did that felt return line on mine but not the other ones. I'll have to figure out what size that is and get some.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I use Gates 1/4" safety stripe for those primary lines, with hose clamps (mainly because I dont stock that little clamp L-P uses). And I use Gates 1/8" for the return lines. Its a bit tighter than OEM, but a little oil, and you've got lines that I've yet to experience a leak with in almost 10 years.

WWRD99

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It’s supposed to be 3.5mm. The local auto parts store has 3mm and 4mm of the normal hose. I’m going to get a piece of both sizes and see what works best.
I ordered mine online to get the 3.5 size. Not a big deal at all though as anything that flows will be enough for a return line.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks