• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Master cylinder and gas tank vent line hoses

mdainsd

I am having a hard time with the two flexible lines that run from the left front frame rail to the hard lines on the engine, under the generator, that vent the master cylinder and the gas tank. I cannot find good illustrations of how they fit, mount etc.

From the length required it looks like the same ones used for the fuel filter might fit the job.

What do the experts use for these and are there supposed to be hard mounts on the frame similar to the way the brake lines transition between hard lines and flexible?

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
You might want to disconnect the fuel tank vent line on both ends and see if you can get air trough it. Common for it to be plugged up with crud. If it is you will have to make a decision as how to vent the tank. Clean out the line/replace it or forget it and use a vented gas tank cap.

mdainsd

Thanks. Well the tank is coming out next anyway. I finally chiseled, pried, forced, cajolled all the little screws out of the pick up and sending unit plates. Looks like Carlsbad caverns in there, with truly stalagmite and stalactites of rusticles in the tank. Absolutely ruined. Fortunately a local friend had an extra NOS tank he sold me.

This will be a good time to check that vent line as you mention. It has a vent/non vent gas cap on it that shouldn't be there, so I suspect your comments are right on.

mdainsd

Well, you were spot on. The gas tank vent line is clogged. The explains the gas cap...

Finishing up on all new brakes, flex hoses, wheel bearings, seals etc. Inspected before initial fill and found a wet fitting. Tried to tighten and it just twisted off at the nut.

Thats fine. Im ordering up bulk tubing (Copper/Nickel), stainless steel rock guard and new fittings for every single vent, brake or fuel line. They are all ripped out now! I hate roadside troubles.

All those systems should be trouble-free for years :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks