• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mastervolt Alpha Pro III charge regulator on Niehoff?

htxol

Hi

Has anyone connected in a charge regulator (Mastervolt or other) into the 24v leg of the regulator for a dual voltage Niehoff?

Feels like it should work, but would appreciate and thoughts or instructions.

A little background. Trying to upgrade my alternator and use it to charge my "house" batteries in my habitat. There are a few approaches
1) Simply run them in parallel - but this doesn't work well for maximizing life of battery or alternator health (LiOn can pull a lot of amps)
2) DC-DC charge controller. Solid - but pretty limited charge rate per unit (17 amps)
3) Connect house batteries to the alternator but using a charge regulator to shape the alternator voltage and prevent the alternator from overhearing.

Trying to see if anyone has tried 3) with a Niehoff. Or has a good sense of how to do it.

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks