• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Maximum over drive Chevy Tug

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hope this is an acceptable location to post the Tug. It was listed for sale and would not go away so I picked it up. It started as a stock tug here are some pictures. I am going to take it to the Georgia rally. Any one that knows me knows I can't leave well enough alone...
image.jpgimage.jpg.
image.jpgimage.jpg

TsgtB

I think we had one up to about 15mph...!!! You should be able to put 90 inch tires on it and get up to 25...
and boy do they BOUNCE.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sharp rig! 6bt? 30mph wfo? Can't wait to see it in action. M101 bed cut down?
It has the original 6.2. You could probably power it using a cordless drill, it has ridiculous gear reduction. It will do 20 mph or so. All of the research claimed the transfer case was in low range and was limited by sheet metal in the floor. So I figured I'll rework the shifter and get two times the speed. The internet lied, the trucks are in high range. I did redo the shifter and it does 10... It's a M105 BlythewoodJoe had I just finished cutting it up.

4XDesign

Steel Soldiers Supporter
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks