• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Central FL M1031 project

deank

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A few more shots. Do not know why the forestry svc or fire dept added the extension to the back but I have removed it already. There was a 200 gallon tank in the back for herbicide. It too is gone now.

Attachments

cucvrus

Looks like they painted it with a mop. But it has potential. It needs a lot of time spent getting all that RED off of it. 80 grit DA sander and go wild. 1 panel at a time would be a good goal. That truck chassis sat in stock somewhere for a few years before that Able Body was built. Good Deal. I would disassemble the entire truck and do it right. But it would take me years to finish. I always had projects that took a long time. Like fine wine. Take Care and Be Safe. Money or talk do not make a good motivator for me. I need to desire to do the job and be active in my hobby. I am feeling the urge again.

ToddJK

I have tried the heat gun. Stripping wheel does much better. The red paint appears to be urethane. It melts as it is being sanded.
If it's urethane, as in polyurethane, it should come off with some paint thinner or other chemicals of the like. Spray some thinner on there and then wipe it with a shop cloth and see if it comes right off. Usually that stuff will cling and gum up sand paper and stuff.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks