• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MB 4 Entwistle Aircraft tractor TM Wanted

Hyperpack

Hi
New member searching for information on the Entwistle MB 4 aircraft tug. I just bought one of these and shipped it from Texas now I need to figure out why the brakes are so harsh and a few other mechanical troubles. I appreciate any help finding a service or parts manual.
Thanks
Hyperpack

mcdive

Hi
New member searching for information on the Entwistle MB 4 aircraft tug. I just bought one of these and shipped it from Texas now I need to figure out why the brakes are so harsh and a few other mechanical troubles. I appreciate any help finding a service or parts manual.
Thanks
Hyperpack
My son just bought one and we are trying to hunt a manual down. Also a break issue. A hydraulic leak on axle. Any help would be nice or a direction to go in. Thanks

Poccur

My son just bought one and we are trying to hunt a manual down. Also a break issue. A hydraulic leak on axle. Any help would be nice or a direction to go in. Thanks
Circa 2012 there was a member who emailed a copy of his manual to a few folk on here...might try to look him up...edited...sorry, forgot to say member was 'Needle' as i recall....

If you have some dollars you want to part company with (no connection to me just found it searching) there was a guy used to sell a bulk group of manuals and the one you want (TM-55-1740-200-14) was in the group:

And if you get stuck, I have the manual for tow tractor MB-4 but it is Wollard, if it was a build to print and they just changed manufacturers it might be going in the right direction...PM me I can send you a copy..

Last edited:

mcdive

Circa 2012 there was a member who emailed a copy of his manual to a few folk on here...might try to look him up...

If you have some dollars you want to part company with (no connection to me just found it searching) there was a guy used to sell a bulk group of manuals and the one you want (TM-55-1740-200-14) was in the group:

And if you get stuck, I have the manual for tow tractor MB-4 but it is Wollard, if it was a build to print and they just changed manufacturers it might be going in the right direction...PM me I can send you a copy..

cobra5

These are AF Entwhistle manual numbers. I don't believe the Army used this type of tug so I doubt there is a TM available
36A10-3-41-1 Operation & Maintenance
36A10-3-41-2 Overhaul Instructions
36A10-3-41-4 Illustrated Parts Breakdown

mcdive

These are AF Entwhistle manual numbers. I don't believe the Army used this type of tug so I doubt there is a TM available
Hey thank you very much

Guyfang

Staff member

Well, the problem, as always, is its Air Force equipment. I asked a Zoomy for some help, and he said that for some reason the TM's, at least some of them are not coded A for public release. AND, the Air Force has always done a good job of not releasing tm's. Coded A or not. There is an Air Force repository for TM's at Robbins AFB. Maybe you can find an address for them?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks