• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MD3070PT engine upgrade

MD3070 LMTV

Hi folks

I have an Allison MD3070PT 7 speed transmission fitted with a 3904172 bell housing which i think suits a Cummins 6BT engine.

I am looking for which CAT or Cummins engines i can bolt up to that bell housing , or alternatively looking for bell housing # numbers to adapt to the SAE # 2 face on the Allison housing.

I have a pretty good choice of engines available such as CAT 3115 , 3116 , 3126 or Cummins 6BT up to ISL8.9 , just depends on what adaptors are available ? , i have enough space for any of those , the power train will go into a Tatra 6 x 6 chassis.

The transmission appears to cope with up to 300 Hp

Can anyone share opinions on engine swaps ?

thankyou

Last edited:

MD3070 LMTV

Well the standard engine is the 3116/3126/C7 but the later “civilianized” trucks had Cummins 6.7 so any of those should work.
But honestly you lost me at “I have a good choice of engines for cheap”😂
cheap is relative , i suspect you might be getting them "cheaper" than i do.

I see low hour engines from $ 2500 upwards and rebuilt engines with dyno paperwork from $ 2500 - 8000 if you know where to look.

I would be happy with the horses from 3126E or later

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks