• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mechanic wanted, then found: Diesel Heaven in MI

Daby

I'm a newby here and just bought a M1010 this past fall. I've converted it to a work truck with shelves in the back. The fuel gauge wasn't working so I took it to a local "diesel" mechanic to fix it. They replaced the fuel sending unit, fuel gauge and fuel filter. After that it ran terrible and continued to get worse until I can't even drive it anymore. Of course they wouldn't take responsibility for it and said they didn't know what to do.
I live in Clinton Michigan near Ann Arbor. If anyone nearby could help me out I would really appreciate it. Looking for hire mechanic not just "a favor". Call text or message.
(231)629-0074

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:

timgoebel

Dave,
If you can swing doing the trip, you might try Diesel Haven, here in South Haven, Michigan. They do great work, making sure they deal with your issue properly. All the reputable shops in the area refer work there, and these guys are booked about 3-4 weeks out, earning their reputation on every job! Call Cody or Travis at 269-214-8392 (will text you same, but wanted to get the word out there). Please tell them Tim Goebel with the 1986 OD green Army truck sent you.
Good luck!
Tim

timgoebel

I'm a newby here and just bought a M1010 this past fall. I've converted it to a work truck with shelves in the back. The fuel gauge wasn't working so I took it to a local "diesel" mechanic to fix it. They replaced the fuel sending unit, fuel gauge and fuel filter. After that it ran terrible and continued to get worse until I can't even drive it anymore. Of course they wouldn't take responsibility for it and said they didn't know what to do.
I live in Clinton Michigan near Ann Arbor. If anyone nearby could help me out I would really appreciate it. Looking for hire mechanic not just "a favor". Call text or message.
(231)629-0074

Dave
This guy might still be a good one to know: https://www.steelsoldiers.com/threads/west-michigan-roll-call.97855/

Daby

Dave,
If you can swing doing the trip, you might try Diesel Haven, here in South Haven, Michigan. They do great work, making sure they deal with your issue properly. All the reputable shops in the area refer work there, and these guys are booked about 3-4 weeks out, earning their reputation on every job! Call Cody or Travis at 269-214-8392 (will text you same, but wanted to get the word out there). Please tell them Tim Goebel with the 1986 OD green Army truck sent you.
Good luck!
Tim
Thanks Tim much appreciated!

Daby

Dave,
Good luck!
Tim
I just got my truck back from Diesel Haven. They fixed it in a week and were very reasonably priced. Highly recommend! Thanks again Tim!

Daby

So if you don't mind, how did they fix your problem with the truck not working properly.
The "mechanic" that worked on it for 2 1/2 months put two batteries that were different. So they replaced the batteries for two matching ones. The "mechanic" also zip tied the fuel line running to the fuel tank to close to the drive shaft causing it to run a hole in it so they fixed that. The "mechanic" also installed a bad fuel pump that wasn't even the right one. Diesel haven installed the correct one. They also replaced the glow plugs because they were shot from trying to start it. Also the "mechanic" charged me twice what diesel haven charged.

ezgn

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The "mechanic" that worked on it for 2 1/2 months put two batteries that were different. So they replaced the batteries for two matching ones. The "mechanic" also zip tied the fuel line running to the fuel tank to close to the drive shaft causing it to run a hole in it so they fixed that. The "mechanic" also installed a bad fuel pump that wasn't even the right one. Diesel haven installed the correct one. They also replaced the glow plugs because they were shot from trying to start it. Also the "mechanic" charged me twice what diesel haven charged.
Go back to the shop that botched the job and get your money back now that you have proof that they ripped you off.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks