• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Memorial Weekend Event, Westminster, MD

tstone

Our local American Legion, Post # 31 is sponsering a weekend long event in Westminster, MD to include military vehicle displays, reinactors, etc. A friend of mine, Craig Singhaus, sent me the details and contact info (attached) about the event. He invited the MVPA and asked if I would forward on to SS to invite anyone who may be interested. Take time to read the atachments as there are all kinds of activities that may be of interest, the event will include a parade on Memorial Day Monday. I plan on displaying several vehicles and may camp out at least 1 night.

I was not able to upload 2 aditional word documants (schedule of events and general info) as the system identified them as "invalid". I will try to rectify this issue and repost ASAP.

Attachments

Rusty1340

If all goes well Tom, I will be there representing WWII

2012 Westminster MD Memorial weekend commemoration, May 25 through 28.There are less than ten weeks to go. As you know, we are seeking WWII US Military living historians and their displays of any era for the 145th Westminster, Maryland Memorial Weekend and Commemorative Parade. We are extending to you or your United States military living history group an invitation to participate in our weekend long military history timeline at the Carroll County Farm Museum, in Westminster May 25-28, 2012. The Farm Museum military timeline will be open to the public Saturday, the 26th and Sunday the 27th, from noon until five PM. Set up if needed is available May 25 but since the event does not open until noon, morning set up is OK. In fact "day of" registration is OK for those who may wish to join in the event at the last minute. We do encourage pre-event registration as this will help us with the site layout. On site camping is available with fire pits and toilet facilities as well as security for displays left overnight.

If you have any questions, please contact, Craig Singhaus , event volunteer at: 410-340-9972 (singhaus.mil.history@gmail.com). Site layout is being coordinated by Roger Roop (crazy_swede_1863@yahoo.com) Our contact with the event committee is: Dr. Arnold Amass 410-848-3326 (arnoldams@verizon.net). We hope this will be a great experience for all involved as we pay homage to our veterans both living and dead.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm going to try to get the Deuce and M37 there for the parade. I have to make sure everything is clear first, then I'll send in the form.

I sent an email to the coordinator. Even though it's beyond the send in date, I hope we can still jump in!

Last edited:

Rusty1340

I'm going to try to get the Deuce and M37 there for the parade. I have to make sure everything is clear first, then I'll send in the form.

I sent an email to the coordinator. Even though it's beyond the send in date, I hope we can still jump in!

Day of registration is OK. You can email Craig singhaus.mil.history@gmail.com hes the one I been talking with. I'll do a WWII display jeep, trailer, and a small encampment Sat & Sun.

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to Craig Singhaus and what a good guy he seems to be! We will be there for the parade, and maybe some of the weekend activities!

big1096

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are a few pictures my girlfriend took at the parade. Better late than never…..

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks