• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a / 003a Owner survey?

Isaac-1

I was wondering if your generator has a sheet metal trough under the oil filter canister? I ask because it seems most photos online show them, however my MEP-003a does not have one, and my MEP-002a does. I assume it was a feature that was added at some point to help catch the oil that would spill from the canister.

Ike

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Most of the ones I have seen and worked on have them. I bought some motors only(4cyl) and they all had the drip pan.

Isaac-1

The part may have been removed from mine at some point, but I do think my MEP-003a has an older engine installed on it, one clue is the diesel injector holders are marked American Bosch, not Ambac or Yanmar like the newer injectors are. I think American Bosch name was dropped in the late 1970's in favor of AMBAC, and injectors installed after about 1990 were made by Yanmar.

Ike

storeman

Ike,
I've had a couple Bosch setups but never seen a unit without oil drip tray. I might have one if you need it. Will have to search for it. Let me know.
Jerry

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
2 002's, both have it.

Ray70

I've got 3 002's ( built between 85' and 89') and they all have it. In the TM page DieselBob showed it looks like it might be an integral part to the back plate, but in other images of the TM it shows a flat back plate and no drip pan under the filter housing.... Maybe there were 2 different variations at some time??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks