• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 002a 5kw generator

jraney

Supporting Vendor
I have a MEP002A generator. I am needing to swap out the fuel injection pump. Does anyone have the specs or directions on how to set the timing? I have read in a few places that I will need to set it for the flywheel, injectors, and the injection pump. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jamawieb

Do a google search for M50 injection pump manual. You may get lucky and be able to swap the timing buttons around and get your new pump to work. If you're wondering what the button is please look at the first attachment which is a parts diagram. Timing the put is a pain but is critical. It's not hard just time consuming. Also, if you get the generator to run with the current timing button do not assume it is correct. A unit will run normal until an excess amount of load is put on the unit. Just being a little off will result in poor performance and fuel consumption.

https://greenmountaingenerators.com...etering-MEP002A-MEP003A-50-2-4A-80A-9540A.pdf

https://greenmountaingenerators.com...p-002a-or-mep-003a-ambac-fuel-injection-pump/

Guyfang

Staff member
Have you tried to download the manuals here in SS? All the manuals you need are in the TM section. The procedure to time the engine and IP are in the -34 manual. And its not hard to do. If I did it, you can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks