• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-002a damaged by Laura

Isaac-1

Well the injection pump is the least of my problems now, anyone know where I can get parts? exhaust header broken off the engine, broke the boss off the engine which i hope can be welded back on and retapped.

Thanks for any help on locating parts, no telling how long we will be without power here

Attachments

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Well the injection pump is the least of my problems now, anyone know where I can get parts? exhaust header broken off the engine, broke the boss off the engine which i hope can be welded back on and retapped.

Thanks for any help on locating parts, no telling how long we will be without power here
Message member @profo He's in your area and has lots of generator parts. Could help you out. He is near new Iberia.

Chainbreaker

Wow, looks like a tree or large branch hit it. From that photo it looks like your also going to need a new shutter assembly as well.

I take it that you have lost power in your area and are running your house on one of your other generators...? Is your MEP-002a a backup genset or does it serve another needed purpose?

Good to hear that your OK. Laura was a very devastating Hurricane in several areas looking at the damage videos. I went through a 130 MPH hurricane growing up as a young kid in central Florida and we went without power for 2 weeks. That instilled a sense in me at an early age about be prepared for when one suddenly finds themselves without normal functional infrastructure.

Isaac-1

The MEP-002a was the primary backup for my house, I also have a MEP701a which will of course not run as much, though I am not using it yet, as we bought a motorhome about 4 years ago which has an onboard 4000 watt gas generator, so we are living in the RV in the drive way for now. Water is back operational here, though there is a boil order in place and the water is cloudy with sediment in it today. If the power is not back on in a day or two I will switch to the MEP701 as I also have about 75 gallons of diesel on hand, so far it has just been easier to run the motorhome generator and cords to the house for the chest freezer and refrigerator since the motorhome had a full tank of fuel when I put it up in its shed on the family ranch after our last trip. Thankfully it survived some of the other barns and tractor sheds did not, two of which were just rebuilt a year ago after being hit by a small tornado the week of Memorial Day 2019.. The ranch manager for the family ranch is using the MEP-016D and at the moment no one is using the MEP-003a, of course it sucks down the most fuel per hour of the bunch. I also have a Kohler 30ROZJ installed at my elderly mothers house, where my son, step sister and one of her sons are staying on the ranch

Isaac-1

I am on CLeco, but lots of the surrounding area is on Beauregard electric including several of my relatives, last I saw earlier today BECI is estimating a minimum of 3-4 weeks for service restoration

coxju04

I am on CLeco, but lots of the surrounding area is on Beauregard electric including several of my relatives, last I saw earlier today BECI is estimating a minimum of 3-4 weeks for service restoration

We are also on Cleco, and still out. Every other house around has power but us. She called Cleco and they said that they had a lot of damage down the street from the house, and said that they had to cut the line. We should be back up by Friday. Going on day 7 on the 803 straight

Isaac-1

Well the power is back on at my house, it came back on at about sunset last night, we are some of the first in town to get power, as we are in the old part of town on the same section as the downtown government buildings and the hospital. Basically an 8 block by 3 bock area in town got power back last night, with the rest of town still out, but thankfully it is progress.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks