• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 003 engine value?

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Value is dependant upon demand. When I got mine from GL, I paid $200-250 each. If they are tested and good running, value would definitely be more.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dave,

$350.00 each is not a bad deal...but like you said, you'll probably be sitting on the unwanted ones for a while. Even if you are like me, and sold them for what you had in them, you would still sit on them for a while. The demand just doesn't seem to be there.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Thats a steal! You might not sell motors whole, but you could make a killing off them(IPs, starters, injectors, 24v charging coils, etc). I wish I had the money to get them.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I also think $350 is a great deal. If it were closer I'd be interested. If you buy them all and we can figure out a economical way to get them to me, I'd take the ones you don't want off your hands.

Like Gimpy said, parts are going to get harder to come by because Onan doesn't supply them anymore.

Isaac-1

Like the others have said, you can easily make your money back parting them out, injection pump alone will likely bring the purchase price assuming its in running condition.

Ike

3dAngus

Are those reconditioned?

If so, they are worth more then that. I would buy them all up if not
T for the hassle and expense of shipping, but even at that a buyer can make a profit if initial shipping is minimal, meaning, it is a local purchase.
I would sell those for $500 each plus shipping and not have any trouble at all moving them, if reconditioned.
Not sure about "used with uncertainty about operating condition
" status's.

3dAngus

Advertising group buy possibilities are welcome threads as best as I can tell. I have seen and bought in several green components on this site with people doing that and it serves the public well. You should let everyone know your asking price on a group buy and whether or not you would be able to pick up and ship for members.

storeman

Thats a steal! You might not sell motors whole, but you could make a killing off them(IPs, starters, injectors, 24v charging coils, etc). I wish I had the money to get them.
I've been sitting on a pile of starters off rebuilds for 2 years. Not so easy to move as you might think.
Jerry

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks