• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a CVT1 markings?

Isaac-1

I am trouble shooting a voltage regulation problem (voltage going high, regulator good, no output showing on panel meters) on my MEP-003a and have now reached the point of testing CVT1 per the TM. The instructions in the TM say to measure resistance between H1-H2, H3-H4, H5-H6, and between X1-X3 and C1-C2. My problem is the screw terminals on my CVT do not appear to be marked, does anyone have a diagram showing the relative position of the terminals on CVT1, it does not seem to be in the TM that I can find.

Pattern looks like this:

X X X X
X X X X
X X X

Where I have confirmed by wire numbers that

H1 H2 X X
X X X X
X X X

but am at a loss on some of the others as the wire numbers seem to be missing on H3 and H5 on the control box wiring diagram (I did confirm the the wire numbers on the row below H1 and H2 don't seem to be H4)

On the good news H1-H2 tested in spec.

thanks
Ike

p.s. if anyone has a spare CVT1 for sale please let me know as I am now strongly suspecting it or a wiring issue as my problem

Isaac-1

Well I am hopeful that my problem is not the CVT now, testing showed most measurements within the +/- 10% of spec, all except the X windings which showed 1.93 - 1.96 Ohms, spec is 1.68 +/- .168, measurements were taken with a Fluke 87V in high res mode.

Ike

p.s. the H windings all measured a little low a 2.19 - 2.22 ohm (spec if 2.27) and the C windings were high at 10.1 ohms (spec is 9.6)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks