• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-003a gen motor

derf

Looks like it might say 10kW 1800 RPM but can't tell for sure.
003A gen head will have NSN on it somewhere.
That tag doesn't look like the standard military tag on most MEPs.
But, it could be for one of the water cooled gens or some other gen that was part of a shelter or other package.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
From what I can make out of the NSN on the bottom of the tag, yes it is for the MEP-003a

derf

A better picture of the data plate and the story behind the thing might help.

That does look like a 6115 NSN. The tag just doesn't look "Onanish".

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't think so, the upper right says volts 120 which would not make sense on a MEP-003a
Actually Ike, it makes perfect sense. Each coil of the MEP series generators (All of them up to the 60 KW that I know of anyway) is only 120 volts. When you configure the head in the various ways (series or parallel coils) is how you get the 240 single phase and various 3 phase voltages.

derf

According to the internet, which is never wrong, that is a:

Onan Corp 10 Kw 60 hz alternating current generator PN 72-5260. For use with 10Kw diesel engine generator set and related power equipment.

derf

Yes, those appear to be replacement heads for MEP-003A generator sets.
Good luck bidding.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks