• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep-003a skip and puff smoke

PeterD

Possibly either low compression in one cylinder or an injector/injection pump problem? Color of smoke (white/gray/black?)

A video might help diagnose this, can you shoot one?

Uloadit

I did a compression on all four cylenders and got 325 psi when i open up the fitting on the injector it stops smokeing the injector is near the fan shroud .I open up that injector and it looks clean and no whear marks any where.the cover that goes over the spring on the injector how much do i turn it down on the spring.The somke is grayesh white

Last edited:

storeman

you have to "pop test" it. That requires a test set-up to do adjustments. About 1,700 psi on the injector. It is not good to fool with injectors unless you are set up to adjust them.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks