• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-016c output problems

Tatertot51804

New to this site. I've searched for this but can't seem to find anything that relates to my particular problem. I've looked up the manual for this generator but trying to go through all of it on my tablet sucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I bought this 3kWh generator off of craigslist as a back up for my mep-017a. It didn't run when I bought it and the entire thing was packed with rats nests. I replaced the carb and fuel pump with new units from saturnsurplus and the motor runs awesome. The hertz gauge reads 60Hz but the voltage gauge is broken. Using a meter in the convenience outlet I get 90 volts. I've checked the field windings and get 23 ohms. Checking the stator windings I get .07 on all 3. I cleaned the voltage adjust rehostat and still the same thing. Anything else I can check? I don't want to replace a voltage regulator without knowing how to check if this one is bad. Thank you for your help, Ryan.

tuce

Did you every find out what your problem was. I am getting high voltage on the output and when i try to adjust the voltage nothing happens. I do have 60hz on my mep016c

Tatertot51804

It ended up being a bad voltage regulator. I sold the generator not working shortly after making this post. The guy I sold it to put a solid state regulator in it and it worked fine. I ended up buying it back but never used it. Though the regulator did fix the problem.

patrick duggan

New to this site. I've searched for this but can't seem to find anything that relates to my particular problem. I've looked up the manual for this generator but trying to go through all of it on my tablet sucks. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I bought this 3kWh generator off of craigslist as a back up for my mep-017a. It didn't run when I bought it and the entire thing was packed with rats nests. I replaced the carb and fuel pump with new units from saturnsurplus and the motor runs awesome. The hertz gauge reads 60Hz but the voltage gauge is broken. Using a meter in the convenience outlet I get 90 volts. I've checked the field windings and get 23 ohms. Checking the stator windings I get .07 on all 3. I cleaned the voltage adjust rehostat and still the same thing. Anything else I can check? I don't want to replace a voltage regulator without knowing how to check if this one is bad. Thank you for your help, Ryan.
Do you have a manual or do you know where I can get one

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks