• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016D purchase from Camp Shelby update...

mikev

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, GL works at record speed to invoice us buyers. Won my MEP 016D yesterday and by noon today had an email telling me my invoice was paid in full... :wink:

I recovered the genset and took it to my generator buddy. He jumped it off with a two-wheel jumper cart deal and it fired up. Glad to learn the starter worked! :-D

Next, we checked all the outputs and it produces electricity plus all the gauges functioned and selector switches worked. :-D

Finally, we let the engine get "cold" and I tried the recoil start. Put the throttle lever half-way, set decompression lever and with one pull, it started up! I was concerned about recoil starting a diesel... :?

So, hopefully for the other 13 MEP 016Ds sold yesterday, the new owners will find the same results (except for two of them where the recoil clutch was stuck and the rope doesn't spin the motor over - probably a jammed recoil clutch)...

I searched here, Smokestack and the 'net looking for a TM on this retrofit genset. Looks to be a MEP 016A gasser converted to a Yanmar L70 6.7 hp diesel and the USMC had a "close", but not exact TM for the conversion; so has anyone found any TMs on the MEP 016D conversion???

Thanks in advance for any leads or pdf files.

derf

Use the 016A TM and Yanmar manuals. I've posted links before for both, IIRC.
I got a 016D from Shelby and it is one of my favorite GL buys ever. It is definitely a keeper. Every gen I've gotten from Shelby has been in very good condition.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
mine too will start with one pull. it is a nice gen set. i havnt used mine much but one day i might living where i live

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks