• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-362a

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'm looking at one of these gensets on a trailer. The pictures provided aren't the best. I'm guessing the tires/wheels/bearings aren't up to highway speeds are they?

Ray70

Out of curiosity are you thinking of using this unit as the worlds coolest 28V jump starter, or using the turbine for another project?
The project's " Cool" factor is unlimited!

Guyfang

Staff member
If you get this set and need TMs, say something. I will upload them.

If you get this set, Do read the -12 TM. It has about a million warnings. Most times the warnings are overblown. Not on the MEP-362A. It has has been known to toss a turbine blade or two through the casing.
The igniter can kill you if you are fooling with it and it pops off. If you test the igniter out of burn chamber, do wear good sun glasses.
Turbo shaft oil, and I seem to remember the number MIL-L-7606, is a known cancer causing agent. Use ONLY the oil listed on the LO, and DO NOT MIX two different oils.
Avoid the exhaust air out let when running and for a half hour after running. We used to heat up can of food using the outlet air.
Insure that the Fuel Shutoff and Drain valve is not plugged up. It discharges unused fuel from the burner chamber. Too much fuel in the burner can can cause a "Booming Start" If it ever happens, you will know it.
Turbine gen sets are the only gen sets I would tell someone to read at least twice the -12 TM, and at least once the -34 TM. And read all the trouble shooting guides, before trying to start the set the first time. Having said all that, I like them very much. If you be careful of them, you wont get bit. Or destroy anything.
If you decide to put a different gen head on the turbine, Do read and follow the run-out, (Alignement) procedure. The set will want to shake itself to pieces if its not done right.

FloridaAKM

I have seen several of those come up for auction & bid on them, but they usually were too far away or I got outbid. The folks that owned them didn't have a real "use" for them, they just loved to go out & start one every so often & impress friends or warn less than favorable neighbors not to be trifling. Leave it as it was manufactured & charge your solar system with it ;-).

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get this set and need TMs, say something. I will upload them.

If you get this set, Do read the -12 TM. It has about a million warnings. Most times the warnings are overblown. Not on the MEP-362A. It has has been known to toss a turbine blade or two through the casing.
The igniter can kill you if you are fooling with it and it pops off. If you test the igniter out of burn chamber, do wear good sun glasses.
Turbo shaft oil, and I seem to remember the number MIL-L-7606, is a known cancer causing agent. Use ONLY the oil listed on the LO, and DO NOT MIX two different oils.
Avoid the exhaust air out let when running and for a half hour after running. We used to heat up can of food using the outlet air.
Insure that the Fuel Shutoff and Drain valve is not plugged up. It discharges unused fuel from the burner chamber. Too much fuel in the burner can can cause a "Booming Start" If it ever happens, you will know it.
Turbine gen sets are the only gen sets I would tell someone to read at least twice the -12 TM, and at least once the -34 TM. And read all the trouble shooting guides, before trying to start the set the first time. Having said all that, I like them very much. If you be careful of them, you wont get bit. Or destroy anything.
If you decide to put a different gen head on the turbine, Do read and follow the run-out, (Alignement) procedure. The set will want to shake itself to pieces if its not done right.
Hi Guyfang

Yes, please upload the TM’s if you get a chance. I’ve got a 362A that’s “locked up”, gearbox won’t turn over when doing a ”dry” run. I set the unit aside until I could find manuals, expert “don’t do this” before giving it a run.

Thank you!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks