• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-501a -- No Electricity

kwartk

Fellow Steelers,

G'day and trust everyone is well. Reaching out again to seek help. Our reliable 501A (28 DC) which had been reliable just stopped producing electricity ~ 0 volts showing) not sure what happened but we had tried to power up an 804A and thats when things quickly went south...Noticed there is a wiring connector to the stator housing (plese see pics), we pulled the harness and noticed a break in the pin connectors. Anyone knows what the function of that connector is? also any clues as to why no electricity being produced? The fuses to the meters are ok.We also noted that the breaker keeps tripping no mater what.. Any insights / inputs much appreciated.!

Best RegardsPic 1 Connector.jpgPic 4 Connector.jpgPic 3 Connector.jpgPic 2 Connector.jpg

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm not knowledgable about 501A's specifically, but that looks like the Field coil connector. The field coil generates that magnetic field that drives the stator coil to make electricity. If there is no power to the field, you will get no power out of the stator.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know this machine well, but I would say Digger is probably correct here and you have already uncovered the issue. Give Dewey a call and see what options they have for you... since they were nice enough to give you their phone number directly over the possible problem. :ROFLMAO:

kwartk

I don't know this machine well, but I would say Digger is probably correct here and you have already uncovered the issue. Give Dewey a call and see what options they have for you... since they were nice enough to give you their phone number directly over the possible problem. :ROFLMAO:
Thank You!! much appreciated..

kwartk

I'm not knowledgable about 501A's specifically, but that looks like the Field coil connector. The field coil generates that magnetic field that drives the stator coil to make electricity. If there is no power to the field, you will get no power out of the stator.
Thank You! really appreciate the tips!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks