• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-701A Injection Pump rebuild / repair question

Ray70

Hello guys,
I'm working on a couple 701's for someone and I've got a question on the fuel metering pump which I can not seem to find an answer to in any of the TM's
The machine's speed control / governor is working exactly opposite of how it should, such that moving the fuel lever to the left kills the fuel and moving to the right revs up the engine ( exact opposite of how it should be ) Never mind what havock this is causing with the governor!
So, when the fuel solenoid pulls in and lets the linkage move left it actually kills the motor and attempting to kill the gen using the fuel shutoff send the machine into full throttle RPM.
The machine has not run correctly since the current owner acquired it and I know that 2 or more people have been working in the IP area and I have verified that the pin on the IP was correctly seated within the fork of the governor linkage.
It appears to me that someone worked on the IP ( which the current owner tells me the fuel lever was frozen when he got it and he freed it up) and somehow either installed the metering rod incorrectly, or something else has slipped out of position causing the IP to react backwards to input from the control lever.
I'm wondering if it is possible for the metering rod to have skipped 180* and is now working backwards??
Unfortunately I can not find any rebuild instructions or exploded parts diagram in any of the TM's here in the TM section.
Does anyone know if I'm looking in the wrong place? Or where I can find an IP rebuild guide?

Ray70

Hi CB, Yes I did notice that. I took the pump apart and everything looks ok, my feeling is that someone was in there and assembled it incorrectly. I need to determine how you are supposed to index the metering rod with the holder and the slide rack. It doesn't look like any TM's show how to rebuild the pump. I guess the last option would be to have GM rebuild it, or see if they would offer to give instructions?

Chainbreaker

If GMG isn't able to provide instructions, it looks like the above referenced kit comes from Star Diesel out of Bologna, Italy. You might contact them to see if they might be able to provide rebuild instructions for their kit.

Ray70

I've asked GMG if they could / Do supply instructions with their rebuild kit.
I'll let you know if they respond. If all else fails I'll try contacting the kit manufacturer in Italy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks