• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802/3 noco charger placement

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hi All,

Somewhere on here I came across a thread where someone mounted a noco gen2m inside their MEP-802/3. Of course the great google isn't being of much assistance on this matter.

So, before I reinvent the wheel, I thought I'd ask a couple/few questions:

Where have other seen fit to mount one?

Any issues with operational oscillations leading to it causing a racket?

I wondered about putting it here (see image) and wondered if anyone else had?

Cheers,
SJ/JD

Attachments

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I mounted mine on the inside of the dead crank door... is that what you are thinking of? I didnt get any extra noise from where I put it. On the machine I mounted it, your proposed position had the arctic heater kit installed (but I have since sold that machine, but retained the NOCO). It might fit there, I haven't checked.

I also looked at putting it same post, but other side... behind where the CT is. I'd have to look at the length of the wires again, but it might even be able to be mounted on the upper right back of the machine (which is where I put my wiring diagram, after moving it from the door) and just use a Heyco panel strain relief or similar to have a water tight entry point back into your machine, for the leads to pass through.

Sgt Jiggins

Potato Peeler
Steel Soldiers Supporter
LitD, I kinda figured you'd be first on this one. :)

Guess I could put it on the inside of the door now that you mention it. I had thought an interior wall might be better to keep it more out of the way. My hesitation was not knowing what on the other side of where that pic has the red box. Been wanting a scope, maybe it's time to get one!

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
LitD, I kinda figured you'd be first on this one. :)

Guess I could put it on the inside of the door now that you mention it. I had thought an interior wall might be better to keep it more out of the way. My hesitation was not knowing what on the other side of where that pic has the red box. Been wanting a scope, maybe it's time to get one!
I am currently working from home due to the world's events... so doing my part in whoring up SS.

Taking the roof off would be imperative in mounting on the backside of that firewall... there are many components back there. It can absolutely be done with care and patience. I would think the CT side would be better, as its spaced off (so you have room to put fasteners on the other side), but with enough ingenuity you could put it anywhere you want.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks