• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802a / 803a fuel pump connectors

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
One of my units is missing the connectors for the main fuel pump, both on the pump and harness side. I have tracked down the part numbers for the pump side housing and pins, and the housing for for the harness side, but I'm struggling to identify the correct P/N for the harness side pins.

Any help would be appreciated.

justinn

and if you are dead set on replacing it with the same connector, it's just a molex 2 pin(I forgot the pin diameter). You should be able to find them at a real electronics store, or online as long as you know the pin diameter.

Ray70

Most times the old hard copy Molex catalogs would tell you the mating pin series# on the same page as the connector / pins that you located.
Maybe they show the same info on-line if you look up the Series / PN of the half you located?
But I would also just go with M/F .250" Fast-On connectors like L.I.T.D suggested.

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately I dont even like these Molex connectors, but I wanted to return this unit to a OEM condition, giving me the abilty to swap pumps easily if necessary.

From the TMs, it is easy to track down the housing numbers, but the pins are proving to be more trouble. Worse, the datasheet for the housings lists several pin series and it is going to take some leg work to figure out which one was spec'd for the MEPs.

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, Boys and Girls, pay attention here. Below is a picture of the E2 fuel pump. Note that the plug is P13.
1679608359065.png

Go to the -24P. Look at the Figure 12. Output Box/Engine Harness Assembly. Find J13. Item # 42. Part #: 03-09-1022, Item name: CONNECTOR BODY, RECE
1679608695877.png

Put this part number in your handy dandy search engine. Hit enter.

Search Results
Molex Connector Part Number - 03-09-1022
1679609030506.png
Molex
https://www.molex.com › part-detail › crimp_housings

03091022. 2.36mm Diameter Standard .093" Pin and Socket Receptacle Housing, 2 Circuits, without Mounting Ears, with Ramps, Natural. Status: Active active.

The answers are in the BOOKS!

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks Guyfang for helping me understand how to read the harness diagrams, I'm glad I ordered the right housings. Here is the parts I ordered:

Fuel pump connector housing:
Molex 03-09-2022

Harness connector housing
Molex 03-09-1022

The pins were the hardest part to figure out. I ended up ordering spares from Green Mountain under the TM P/N and measuring to determine the Molex series

The fuel pump pins are male, series 1190. I used Molex 02-09-2101 part number (tin plated brass)

The harness pins are female, series 1189. I used Molex 02-09-1102 part number (tin plated brass)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks