• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803A Exciter Field DC Voltage at 100% Load?

dav5

I would guess you are embarking on another modernization effort for the 803A. Go for it man. I love your 831A controller.
Hey Kurt I checked my 803a. My % voltage gauge reads low. I loaded it with 2 heaters for a total of 9000 W plus a burner on my cooktop [not sure of its rating] which should be 100% load. My gauge read just over90%. The DC reading was 10.4. let me know if you need a reading at the max output. Good luck. Ted

dav5

Hey Kurt I checked my 803a. My % voltage gauge reads low. I loaded it with 2 heaters for a total of 9000 W plus a burner on my cooktop [not sure of its rating] which should be 100% load. My gauge read just over90%. The DC reading was 10.4. let me know if you need a reading at the max output. Good luck. Ted
Sorry. Brain cramp. Percent rated current gauge not percent voltage

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sorry. Brain cramp. Percent rated current gauge not percent voltage
Ted,

Your reading at 90% load was close enough and reading 10.4 VDC. Was just what I was hoping to see for a reading near full load.
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to run the test for me!

And yes, I am working on another "goody" for the 802/803's :cool:

dav5

Ted,

Your reading at 90% load was close enough and reading 10.4 VDC. Was just what I was hoping to see for a reading near full load.

No need to thank me. This is just part payback for all the time you spent with me troubleshooting my 2nd MEP831A "ugly duckling" most of which was by message and not visible here. I should have posted everything here but in the heat of the moment kept on messaging. THANK YOU. Ted

TheAlfredo

Ted,

what other products do you offer?

kloppk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
what other products do you offer?
802A WiFi & 2-Wire Remote Start and Monitoring
803A WiFi & 2-Wire Remote Start and Monitoring
Soon 804 WiFi & 2-Wire Remote Start and Monitoring
MEP 831A Governor Controllers
MEP-831A Battery Chargers
MEP-831A WiFi & 2-Wire Remote Start / Governor Controller and Monitoring
Custom products too.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks