• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a injection pump question

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
On a MEP-803a I have, the injections pump fueling control arms that have the pins that sit in the fuel rack are very tight. So tight that the rack spring cant move them all the way to run position. Most small injection pumps I have seen they are loose to the point where you can shake the ip and the fuel control arm flops back and forth. All 4 of the pumps from this generator are all the same. I soaked the pumps for a week in carb cleaner and then another week in marvel mystery oil. The pumps look real clean now. Is there an adjustment on the pumps?
Thanks
Will

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've had to vice them and get that arm moving again (with a bit of persuasion) to free it, even after sitting in the dip for a few days.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
All of the arms move. They are just tight. I have worked them they don’t seem to want to loosen up. I was thinking about taking each one apart one at a time. Havent taken one apart before. Don’t want to damage the pump.

jamawieb

Lower hour units will be super tight. Compress the spring on the bottom just alittle to see if it gets looser. You'll need to just keep cleaning and moving them back and forth multiple times (hundreds) LOL!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks