• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a: why different fuel lines?

m32825

Preparing to replace my fuel lines and I'm wondering why there are hard lines and soft lines for the non-ip part of the circuit? If soft line is good enough for part of the run, why isn't it good enough for all of it?

-- Carl

jamawieb

The hard lines go from the injector pumps to injectors, they have to handle 1300-1800psi. The soft hoses are return lines which only have 6-7psi. I hope I understand your question.

m32825

I understand the hard line between ip and injector, but mine has hard line from fuel pump over to the fuel filters as well. It would be easier to run 1/4" hose, why is that part done with a hard line?

-- Carl

jamawieb

I understand the hard line between ip and injector, but mine has hard line from fuel pump over to the fuel filters as well. It would be easier to run 1/4" hose, why is that part done with a hard line?

-- Carl
My assumption would be that the hard line will not fray due to vibration being next to the housing and then there is no added weight on the water separator housing. The housing is aluminum and having a fuel hose hanging down, with consist vibration could cause problems

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks