• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-803a work bench

m32825

I really like my generator but it takes up a big hunk of floor space. I can move it around with my pallet jack but it always seems to be in the wrong place. I decided to do something about the situation to get the generator out of the way and make better use of the floor space: I built a work bench to park it under. The frame is 2x2x1/4 angle. Height is 42", size is about 4' by 7'.

I wanted a full sheet top to prevent dust, small parts, and liquids from raining down on the generator underneath so I decked the top with 2x6, put down a 1/8" sheet of steel to tie them all together, then put a sheet of matte white Formica on top for a nice, high contrast work surface.

I added a beefy mount for an old Craftsman vise I got from my grandfather to make it special.

-- Carl

rps20200605_211642.jpg
rps20200605_211600.jpg

Chainbreaker

Very clever utilization of already committed storage space. I like the extendable/removable arm you incorporated for the Vice. Very nice job with the bench! :goodjob:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks