• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 804B hz too low, hz too high, overspeed.

tunnelhand

Hi All,
I recently purchased an 804b. Started right up but only produced 58 hz, I could adjust it lower but not higher. I downloaded TM's and went to mpu. Manual says it should read between 800-900 ohms (actually measures 985). Was reading 8 volts, removed the mpu and had some metal filings and crud. Cleaned and replaced it, then set it at 2.6 volts. It started up and went to 61 hz, could adjust higher but not lower. I let it run for an hour, lest there be a tommyknocker, but no change. I shut it down and restarted, went to overspeed immediately. Rechecked the mpu, still at 2.6 volts. Same results on 'startup', on multiple attemps. Decided to quit for the day. Next morning started up generator. Without making any adjustments, generator ran at 58 hz, no overspeed. Again, I could adjust hz lower, but not higher than 58hz. I ordered a 5ohm 25w resister from amazon and tested the governor at p10. Manual says to open the plug at the top to see the movement, not possible. I removed the governor and applied votage through the resistor. Manual says it extends when voltage is applied and retracts when voltage is released. Mine does opposite. The shaft on the end of the governer is round and bullet shaped (no adjustment). Reassembled same result. Any other suggestion as to where to go next?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks