• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-831A Tripping Travel Trailer 20amp AC circuit.

SEARSS18

I have a MEP-831A wired up to my travel trailer via 120 L1 and L0. When I run the AC unit in the camper, it draws the typical 13-14 amps upon startup, will run for about 30 seconds and then proceeds to draw twice the amperage, 26-29amps and then it will trip the camper AC circuit breaker. It only does this when hooked up to the MEP-831A.

If I hook the camper up to the house outlet or to the little inverter craftsman generator I have, using all the same cords, minus the cord I made for the MEP-831A, everything works fine and the AC unit in the camper never draws more than 14-16 amps.

I have the MEP-831A inverter switch in the 120/2-wire position and I'm using an L5-30R female plug wired to L1/L0 and ground.

Anyone ever have this issue?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks