• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-8xx Fuel Retrun Line

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP-8xx Fuel Return Line

Howdy,

The MEP-8xx series of generator all use diesel fuel return lines. After sometimes sitting with no fuel, or heat cold, no-use etc... they start to fail. The main issue is the lines start weeping fuel.

NSN 4720-01-483-6467 part N20353.5 HOSE, NONMETALLIC
Name
Value
CROSS-SECTIONAL SHAPE STYLE
ROUND
INSIDE DIAMETER
3.5 MILLIMETERS NOMINAL
LAYER COMPOSITION AND LOCATION
OUTER LAYER BRAIDED COTTON CORD
INSIDE SURFACE CONDITION
SMOOTH
SPECIAL FEATURES
COMES IN A 20 METER ROLL (66 FT.)
MATERIAL
RUBBER BUTADIENE-ACRYLONITRILE CLASS NBR TUBE
MEDIA FOR WHICH DESIGNED
FUEL/OIL, HYDROCARBON SINGLE RESPONSE AND WATER SINGLE RESPONSE AND AIR SINGLE RESPONSE

The fuel return line is 3.5mm ID. But purchasing the correct 3.5mm ID fuel hose makes it stay tight on all the hose barbs without issue. Just be careful removing the old line from the TEE's. I use a new razor blade to cut slightly, not to deep to the TEE either.

I found the proper product. It is a 3.5mm fuel hose made by CRP CONTITECH. This is a roll which is 5 meters long which will give you enough to replace all your lines and have some in reserve. You can search for below. You could also search for VW, Mercedes Yellow Stripe fuel return line.

CRP N203535-5 CONTITECH Diesel Hose
Contitech 3_5mm fuel hose.jpg

Last edited:

Bmxenbrett

I have used that part number and hose in the last 4 months. I found it cheaper than the VW hose on amazon.com. i believe it was about $32 and enough to do about two mep802 generators. Thank you for that info daybreak, i got it from the 800 series parts/filters thread.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have lots of this hose in 25' rolls, I will verify dimensions first.

Guyfang

Staff member
155mm, Mike, and all the folks who are steady participating members. This is the power of the Forum. Knowledge, experience and assistance, shared between fellow members.

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I may have lots of this hose in 25' rolls, I will verify dimensions first.
disregard this transmission, my hose has an id of 4.7mm

IMG_1391[1].jpg

Daybreak, might need to send you a roll of it, see if it would work.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks