• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP filters listing help please both 804A/B and others.

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
I swear I recently saw this thread, and I want to say I had sense enough to save it. But I have forgotten where, readers please accept my apology, thus the question again.
Can or will whoever posted the extensive FILTER listing, that posting went thru I think the DOD 3kw up thru the 60 or abouts kw sets. This list included Air Oil and Fuel filters using readily available common Auto and Industrial type suppliers.
Can that be posted again or direct me to where I can re-find it once more please.

Thanks in advance: mac/mc

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Probably this one...?

Guyfang

Staff member
We could gen this up, for all DOD sets? Or just TQG sets? Or both? I might be willing to do that with help. I could gen up the list, first, of all the sets we want in the listing. Then I could add whats listed for parts in the TM's. Then I can try and ID the real company who produces them in todays world. Then You all could send me KNOWN GOOD information, on filters YOU BOUGHT, that fit, and came with or without the right gaskets/O-rings. So second hand crap. What YOU got in your hot little hands. Also, we might have to make calls to companys to get the real word, and I would need your help on that. I got a good rate on calls to the states, but not that good! So you all might need to do some foot work also. Think about it.

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
We could gen this up, for all DOD sets? Or just TQG sets? Or both? I might be willing to do that with help. I could gen up the list, first, of all the sets we want in the listing. Then I could add whats listed for parts in the TM's. Then I can try and ID the real company who produces them in todays world. Then You all could send me KNOWN GOOD information, on filters YOU BOUGHT, that fit, and came with or without the right gaskets/O-rings. So second hand crap. What YOU got in your hot little hands. Also, we might have to make calls to companys to get the real word, and I would need your help on that. I got a good rate on calls to the states, but not that good! So you all might need to do some foot work also. Think about it.
I am still needing the 804B FINAL fuel filter just ahead of the IP [injection pump] I have the primary water/fuel separator filter in the Wix brand.. This set belongs to a friend, its a Tier II but every filter is Japanese .. As I checked several others B models I have access to, damn if all of them are not fresh Tier II level sets and full on only Japanese language and nonsense number scheme. This FINAL filter is also used on the 804A model, while the primary water/fuel separator is the clean and re-use mesh screen type..
Thanks in advance. mac/mc

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This is what i have on the shelf for 804a, i think the 86472 and the 01-376-5666 are the same, but i dont remember for 100%

DAD57485-8A7F-4960-83A5-C65638B74DCB.jpeg
ADE1EE1E-A254-4528-918F-6CCC4BA7061E.jpeg
EB7FD464-9C9F-4AF6-BEE5-1739B3614849.jpeg
AF493D85-C367-4EF2-9609-FBA558431B51.jpeg33CEC5AE-8CBC-4555-8D30-DF14B6DB9070.jpeg
5A6169DF-FE0A-4C4D-A4CC-F0ADE1A44D72.jpeg

Guyfang

Staff member
Mac,

Are you talking about TM9-2815-538-24&P, fig #13, item #1, NSN: 2910-01-546-4727, part #119802-55800?

If so, using the part number, lots of them in epay. Also there are several part numbers, but it appears that the part # has been changed, and that there appears that that part number has been changed to #119802-5510. This is a YANMAR part.

Guyfang

Staff member
Back to the list I proposed. Looking at the fields I might suggest, the form would look like a New York City phone book if we had anything else then filters.
1. Gen set modal
2. Air filter #
3. Oil filter #
4. Primary fuel filter #
5. Secondary fuel filter #

Then a field for the odd stuff. Like the MEP-8** series fuel pump filters. And of course, they get different filters according to what style fuel pump they have.

Any other suggestions?

Guyfang

Staff member
Should we list just army part numbers? Or NSN's also? Or should we list just KNOWN good civ numbers, and not even list NSN's or part numbers?

Last edited:

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
put them all, that way when we jazz fingers on the googler we have all know numbers to search for, espically usefully for all the superseded numbers

mciikurzroot

Supporting Vendor
Should we list just army part numbers? Or NSN's also? Or should we list just KNOWN good civ numbers, and not even list NSN's or part numbers?
Me living out here in the stix and metro area 15 miles away, I strongly favor only the 'civy' numbers... I have my guess 5 of the popular RETAIL auto parts stores 15 away. Most if not all the counter staff while usually quasi helpful are all suffering puberty crisis compounded with a keen lack of real motivation, .. using a NSN is a foreign language , usually if you bring in a good already CIVY number they might find it in their own house brand but it goes sideways fast if no good civy number, then the next question ? what is the make and model ? beyond car or truck most have no concept of generator sets or industrial engine applications.. THe last resort is one of 2 things, let me go ask the "old man in the back" he might know. or a bit worse, well we cant help you today is the "old man in the backs day off" Of my 5 choices of stores NAPA is the best, but not open late past 5 , not open on Sunday and i think the same for Saturday, i know Saturday afternoon is closed.. I usually take the port size as well take the thread gage if its really slow they will search the master index and generally I can fine or make something work, course on the next visit he has forgotten all he learned and we start all over...
So if i had one choice it would be the civy number hands down. Thanks for asking I'd sorta apologize for my rant but you and other readers would think I'm going soft, can't have that image can we ??
Thanks again Guy.. mac/mc

Zed254

TMs will have NSNs. This is the base line. Then I jump to PartTarget to find Manufacturer's part numbers. I'm thinking:

NSN..........................Part Description.........................Various Manufacturer's Part numbers

Each Generator gets a list of maintenance consumables. Unless these units have commonality like the 803/802 generators where you can combine several generators to one consumables list.

I don't own an 804 unit. I'm fortunate to have Daybreak's parts list to refer to when I need something.

Guyfang

Staff member
Zed,
Here is the first problem using NSN's and Part #'s out of the TM.
5KW, MEP-002A Air filter
NSN: 1040-00-019-2984
Part # P18-1052
Part # 140-1052

10KW, MEP-003A Air filter
NSN: 2940-00-192-9182
Part # P10-1222

And we both know, both gen sets use the same filter. So I looked up the 5KW NSN. Came up replaced by the same NSN as shown for the 10KW. BUT, it also showed me 9 other NSN's, that had been used at some point in time, AND 60, count them 60 part #'s, and different suppliers names. Looking them all up, cross referencing them and finding who made them, as suppliers and manufacturers are NOT the same, is a lot of work. It took me 15-20 minutes to look up both NSN's and part numbers, and find out that one NSN was canceled and replaced by the second NSN. And I didn't even look at the other 8-9 canceled NSN's or 60 part #'s. If I ever become bed ridden, I just might take up that job.

The Proposed Mission was to make a list of KNOWN good part numbers, and manufacturers.

That's why I thought maybe we only list KNOWN GOOD info. People submit known good info on manufacturers and part numbers, stuff they have ordered before, and it fit. And it came with all the right "O" rings. And if the filter is the right one, then in addition to the filter, the info on the "O" rings. Something like that.

Zed254

It was SOOOOooooo crystal clear last night looking though my wine bottle.

Multiple NSNs is a problem. Multiple (60!!!) part numbers is a bigger problem.

Definitely do not want to create the 'perfect' sheet containing ALL descriptive numbers. Absolutely must have some limits.

You may want to limit the current commercial part numbers to 2 or 3....the world wide web can be searched for an obscure NAPA Gold (or your favorite brand) number based on your active part list.

I've gotten comfortable with the NSNs but a search sure does bring up a lot of useless vendors ready to submit a $250 bid for a grease seal.

I'm with you now. Part Description and a few active commercial part numbers would be great.

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, how about this. We start another thread, or change the title of this one? And call it generator filters etc. We explain what we are doing, and then put out the call to all people having for instence, MEP-002A and MEP-003A generators, to send us a list of the filters, "O" rings and such, that they have ordered, and that fit. No after market spin on's, no home made stuff, UNLESS we get more then 5-6 people who bring it up. And we also need a maybe an EXCEL file made up. perhaps with the Gen set models at the bottom. Separate file for each gen set?

155mm

Chief and Indian
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, how many of us actually use nsn any longer?

if we can use a few name brand filter pn, then the user can take that number to their parts house and it will cross to what is on the shelf

i know it goes against what i said earlier, but a few numbers is easier than 60 different pn for 1 filter

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks