• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP owners slave port survey?

Isaac-1

Which style slave cable port do your generators have?

I have both types on mine with no apparent scheme:

MEP701a - 2 pin

MEP-016D - 1 pin

MEP-003a - 2 pin

MEP-002a - 1 pin (looks retrofitted at a 45 degree angle in the 2 pin mounting bracket)

storeman

One 003A with Nato (single pin, I believe, to help those trying to figure out the Gimp...hehehe)
One 002a with double pin.
One extra single pin set up available. Rather than convert, I choose to be Bi-Pin..ual.
Jerry

Rapracing

Both my 002 & 003 are two pin

Edited to add: Not sure what value they have for the average owner. I have no other 24 volt stuff. Just a dumb question but am I missing something they can be used for?

Last edited:

Keith_J

Back when I was a PFC in the USA and in charge of the company's power generation equipment, call came down from on high that Category 1 combat units would have all NATO style ports, every generator had to be changed. I was busy for a few weeks performing these MWOs.

That is why some generators kept the 2-pin style until retirement.

Carl_in_NH

My MEP-003A has a two-pin slave connector. I use this all the time to slave the generator off the M35 when the weather is cold and the on-board batts can't crank it fast enough to light.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
MEP002A Has a two pin
Had an MEP701A with a two pin.
SGPRSMD ( just in case you ask at a later date) Has a single pin

Last edited:

RayK

All my 003's are two pin, all the 002's except one are two pin, the one 002 with one pin - if you want a one pin, I'll swap for a two pin - 004 is two pin - M35 and M49 are two pin, but both have one pin adapters. If God wanted us to have one pin connectors, he would have made them first!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks