• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep803 power conection

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Give us some details on what you are trying to do? 120V or 240V? Do you have a generator hookup now, or how are you planning on getting power into the dwelling?

mchlsprgn

Give us some details on what you are trying to do? 120V or 240V? Do you have a generator hookup now, or how are you planning on getting power into the dwelling?
I have a panel next to the gen thats connected to my house. It's hot al the time unless the power is off I'd like a disconect at the gen also I would like to cover gen cabel outet I'm running 240 volt . There are breakers in the panel to turn off or on gen

Scoobyshep

I have a panel next to the gen thats connected to my house. It's hot al the time unless the power is off I'd like a disconect at the gen also I would like to cover gen cabel outet I'm running 240 volt . There are breakers in the panel to turn off or on gen
There are 2 real flavors here, you can install a transfer switch before the panel or an interlock in the panel. For the interlock to be an option you need a main breaker in that panel.

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just finished setting up for 220v manual transfer - main switch to give me option to provide backup power to house or shop. - Shop Sub panel , -feed to house - Interlock at shop and house panel. 803A unbounded. ( LOTS of good advices on the forum).

Attachments

Scoobyshep

It looks like you are switching the neutral, if thats the case you may want to rethink that. Because thats where the generator needs to be bonded.

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the shop panel is only from the generator?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
House and shop are seperate building and new built . I have 2 distinct 200amps service , one feed the main panel in the house the second 200 amp service feeds the main panel in the shop. -( 2 panel in the house, main one for heat pump , dryer , heated floor ects , and a back up for fridge lights , TV wifi ects) - the 200amps main panel in the shop is set up with interlock to feed the back up panel in the house) the picture attached is the 200 amp panel set up to feed the house backup panel ( 220 orange 60 amp breaker in the middle)

Attachments

Denvercaitland

Steel Soldiers Supporter
the important takeaway is making 2 feeds cant be crossed and each live feed is connected to a neutral bond
Thanks, just to confirm does this looks ok to you. ? The way I'm setup. The genset can't backfeed the panels as their is an interlock on both side of the double throw switch. And the genset neutral is is engaged on both side regardless?

Scoobyshep

Ok , so the generator feeds into the double throw, which feeds the house OR the shop interlock? Both of which are switching their respective neutrals?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks