• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP806 wheel kit DIY or ?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
My MEP806 did not come with a wheel kit, and where I need to position it, it would be a huge advantage. Are those available anywhere, or is there a DIY option? I see the skids have four 1/2" holes in them. Castors are out as 3500 lbs will kill any I have seen so far, trailer axles arent a good option for price and width. Open to suggestions, thank you.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Close, need bigger tire as it will be pulled across lawn, and through some not perfect terrain into position.

Last edited:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
36" wide seems about right, maybe I will end up having to break out the welder.

Last edited:

Scoobyshep

Are you going to be moving this once and that's the end of it or do you want it movable for its lifetime?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Not planning on moving it again, but... the wheel option could mean I wont need to pour a concrete pad. I could do gravel and just park it there. I saw 1" go kart axles on ebay, not sure if a pair of 36" could handle the task.

Ray70

Up above did you mean lawn? If so, you won't be using casters. You're going to need something with probably 8" or larger pneumatic tires if you want to roll across the lawn, especially if it's soft down there in Florida.
How about hiring a flat bed car carrier for an hour? Would they be able to maneuver into position?
Could probably hire a truck for $100, if they can fit where you need to go.

MrShawn305

Up above did you mean lawn? If so, you won't be using casters. You're going to need something with probably 8" or larger pneumatic tires if you want to roll across the lawn, especially if it's soft down there in Florida.
How about hiring a flat bed car carrier for an hour? Would they be able to maneuver into position?
X2 on the flatbed tow truck. I helped some people unload a huge embroidery machine out of a dry van at a business a while back. We used a forklift to position is and transfer onto the flatbed, and then the flatbed rolled over to the door and we drove it down. I would definitely call a couple places and ask.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He referenced casters, which made me think flat industrial/poured floor. Got any friends who work at lumber yards? Those Moffett fork lifts will do exactly what you want.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Oh I own a flat car hauler, I'm trying not to use it as its 6ft wide and will tear up the ground (so will my dually truck hooked to it) a lot more than say a wheel kit I could pull into place with one of my compact diesel tractors.

Last edited:

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Cancelled that wheel idea when a good friend showed up with a better idea, a new JD bobcat. Made it look real easy. Will get some pavers under it to level it out.

Attachments

MrShawn305

Cancelled that wheel idea when a good friend showed up with a better idea, a new JD bobcat. Made it look real easy. Will get some pavers under it to level it out.
That will do the trick too!! Looks good! I used a hi lift jack on mine to pick one end up at a time to slide my RR ties under it. Try to level it out best you can too if possible.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Any issue using some pavers to level it out? Was considering a layers of gravel underneath to be able to control grass/weeds and pavers to level it.