• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Meradith

mattgunguy

Been working on her for a bit and figured I could post our progress up till now.

Got her early January in Columbia Mo, and drove her home. 3430 and some in fuel. Was an uneventful four hour drive, except for one flat on the rear drive axle. Started digging into her promptly ( we didn't know about this site yet ). Started scouring craigslist for parts and what not. At week two we made a drive to Chicago for goodies ( turns out it was member 6x6. Thanks for the great prices bro. Sorry about having you having to move ), Got tires, wheels, hood, glass, odds and ends. So should have got more. Such is life sometimes.

Much easier to move forward with parts. Started painting as well. I couldn't take the red. She didn't come with a tailgate, so I made one. It's not correct, but I've got maybe 50 bucks in it. Found a set of troop seats locally. Priced on the high side, but met a cool dude. Everything was all good, and then the HH crapped out. We went with a whole new injection pump and head. What a pain in the rear. Just replace the head. Sooooooo much simpler.

Been a lot of fun so far. We've got more done than in these pictures ( these are in reverse order of progress ) , but haven't taken pics yet.

Attachments

mattgunguy

Thank you. I was trying to make the tailgate "look" like it belongs. It's not perfect, but better than the nothing we had before.

Yeppers, Hard top, winch, whistler, heater, secondary 12 volt system. Upsetting your semi jerk neighbor at 5 in the morning when you go to work, PRICELESS!!

Work in progress.

mattgunguy

Im trying to convince my wife that we need a gun ring & a M2hb. Well I'd be happy with a mag58 at the least. Coming along though. The cargo cover started out as a white kit. Can anyone recommend a better spray paint than the cheap Valspar brown I'm using. Its gonna come off in a sheet the first time I hit it with a power washer. Was a poor choice on my part.

Attachments

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Paint Options

I need a few tailgates for the M211's and 135's when you get a sec, looks good.

If you didn't get the paint issue solved it is good to read through these and see what guys have done http://www.steelsoldiers.com/forumdisplay.php?23-Paint-and-Bodywork

I saw a sweet paint-job using Behr paint from Home Depot and I think he used a Wagner fence sprayer which looked amazing. Lots of options however your truck looks great from here.

mattgunguy

Thank you. I need to take a more current picture. Gotten a bit more done since I took those. Course now we're on the hunt for a second project to work on. Plowboy thank you for the link on the paint, could prove to be helpful down the road. Also, I wouldn't mind making more tailgates. But I'd have to know the dimensions & all the bracket locations on your beds. I like enjoy building stuff.

mattgunguy

Probaly done for the moment, but who knows. Still looking for a trailer to drag around.

Painted the rest of the frame, new tail lights & black out light, added a solargizer, found a armory rifle rack we installed in the bed. Broke a shackle mount and 20 foot of cable. Installed a pyrometer, still needing a boost gauge and volt meter for the 12v system. Put in a wolverine tech 24v alternator. Found a groovy boarding ladder (yes it's orange. my mother in law is almost blind. Needed to be visible.). Cleaned the crap off of the blackout so that they can be seen. Painted on some of my favorite fleur de lis.

Getting there.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks