• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Michigan - Annual MV Show & Swap - August 3,4 & 5 2018

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
GLMVPA Show & Swap at General Jims Surplus / Jays Sporting Goods in Clare, MI

All MV's & owners welcome!

Non member vendor spaces are only $15

The Great Lakes Military Vehicle Preservation Association
Proudly Presents
The 22nd Annual MILITARY VEHICLE SHOW /
SWAP MEET
AUGUST 3, 4, & 5, 2018
The public is welcome and the event is free. Come out to see some of the best privately owned historic military vehicles in Michigan on display. Talk with the owners and learn their history and uses. This is a fun and educational family event.
For info Contact Mark Doepel at 989-492-4748,
mdoepel@gmail.com or Jeff Yost 989-386-5425
OPENING SHOW: Friday, August 3rd, at 9AM
OPEN DISPLAYS: Saturday, August 4th, 9AM –6PM
CLOSING SHOW: Sunday, August 5th at Noon
This event is open to ALL who wish to display their military vehicles and/or Militaria.

Free Swap Meet spaces to GLMVPA members. Non-member spaces are $15.00.

Great Lake MVPA memberships available for $25.00 per year.

Free on-site primitive camping for display owners and venders. Restaurants and lodging is 1 mile away. Setup can begin after 6PM on Thursday, August 2nd .

Free Saturday evening cookout and Sunday morning breakfast served for members, vendors and participants bringing military displays. There will be a GLMVPA meeting after dinner.

No Live ammo, Firearms or explosive devices allowed.
The Great Lakes MVPA is the oldest Michigan MVPA Affiliate Group. We are afull membership operated affiliate.

NEXT TO JAY’S SPORTING GOODS
8810 S. Clare Avenue
CLARE MICHIGAN 48617
Exit old U.S. 27 North 1 mile

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the poor showing of vendors last year and and no advertising until now I figured it was cancelled .
General Jims is still listing the dates for the 2016 show on their website

Last edited:

dunedigger

I was thinking about attending. I was advised at a car show last weekend that nobody is showing up. After that, and the previous comment, maybe it's not worth the drive? Anyone have any photos of the event? I can't find much online, as porkysplace said, the website showed 2016 dates up until a few weeks ago, then it looked like a brand new website with the new dates for the show. I just went to get a link to update the comment by porkysplace and it's back to the old website again. I can't find the new page I found anywhere..........

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was thinking about attending. I was advised at a car show last weekend that nobody is showing up. After that, and the previous comment, maybe it's not worth the drive? Anyone have any photos of the event? I can't find much online, as porkysplace said, the website showed 2016 dates up until a few weeks ago, then it looked like a brand new website with the new dates for the show. I just went to get a link to update the comment by porkysplace and it's back to the old website again. I can't find the new page I found anywhere..........
Here is a link from last years show It has pictures I posted of just about everything that was there , except General Jims trucks , they kept moving General jims trucks around to make it look more trucks were displayed. And there were only about a half a dozen vendors , no deuce parts or 5 ton parts.

https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...-11-17-thru-8-13-17&highlight=2017+clare+show

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sure turnout was light last year, but I was there for most of Saturday & will be again this year!
Jeff @ General Jim's doesn't put much effort to the web site, never really has. GLMVPA also misses the mark on promoting it's activities outside of its newsletter. Some stuff on its FB page.
But what else you got to do with your MV this weekend? I'm quite sure those that have setup there today will have an enjoyable evening. Me, I still gotta knock the dust off the M1009 so I can head there in the morning.
Participants usually get discounts for the day at the General's & Jay's (can't say for sure for this year as I wasn't involved in the planning)

dunedigger

I really miss my 1009. I'd really like to at least stop by but it's over 2 hrs each way. Forcast is 90 degrees. Undecided.

67Beast

I have always had fun at this show, but it always seams to fall on a bad weekend for me. This year we have guests from out of state visiting and I don't think the wife would have like it if I snuck off for a few hours to go to the show.

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
1 hr 45 minutes each way for me. Decent turnout this year with several unique vehicles, an hour or so into the ride I realized that I left my camera at home. M274A5 mule with 106 recoiless on it, beautiful. a variety of M37's, from stock museum quality to re-powered with a Detroit from a Gamma Goat & heavily modified machine with a 327 SBC. A genuine military Chenoweth, an newer APC. along with many of your std MV's from WWII through current, General Jims only had 3 of their trucks out there.
Their new web site address is http://general-jims.com/ (old site does not have the dash )

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks