• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mighty Mite Questions

Mike_Pop

I just registered my Mite today!!! I took it out for a drive and occasionally, the engine floods and is tough to start. I have an inline fuel filter which does not have much fuel in it. Besides rebuilding the carb, I was thinking of replacing the fuel pump. Any suggestions?

Also, my Mite has the serial number of 2669 and the title says it is a 1963 which the previous owner said may be wrong. Can anyone tell me approximately when mine may have been made?

Many thanks,

Mike_Pop

Rather than checking the float, I am just going to rebuild the carb. Carbs are easy to rebuild, no reason to mess with making little adjustments on something when I can just do the whole thing.

jimk

In Memorial
In Memorial
Filters can show trapped air and still be ok. Blowing (lungs) thru the filter is a good test. Do not blow in the outlet as it will ruin the test. Test is what you want to do cause when you see the problem you can be confident it was fixed. A clogged filter and flooding are unrelated problems

A diff problem but for discussion...I took a look at neighbor Dave's. It was a small 2bbl Holley. The side mounted bowl was easy off w/a few screws while carb still on vehicle. It had an unsual power valve set off to one side on what is best described as a bar. Daves had a stuck accel pump check valve.These were sealed behind brass welch plugs in removable jet body.You don't want to disturb these plugs. Shooting some carb cleaner in passage, then a few sharp rap to impart some check ball(or pin) inerta was all that was needed to free it. I can't remember now but may have had the standard Holley external float adjustment. Might be your issue. Might be nice to shake float in hand too. If it has gas inside it will rattle and that floods an engine.JimK

ErmeyFan

The Mite should have a Holley 1925 one barrel. Same carb as what was on the Falcon four cylinder. The rebuild kit for this carb required that we had to "guesstimate" where the float should be set since the little measurement and accompanying chart did not list the AMC 108 cube engine or its height setting. We finally got it right, though. Also, the rebuild kit that I bought for this carb had a gasket for the bowl that did not fit my carb exactly so I bought gasket material and traced what was needed. It works well.

Also, your Mite has a lower serial number than mine and my serial number places mine as being built in 1962 which I have always understood to be the last year of production. I have heard several people claim to have 63 models, but without a date stamped on the tag, how can it be verified? Another Mite mystery.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks