• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Milemarker Winch ID

kzeyus

Need a little help with ID and info on a milemarker winch I wish to mount to front of my HMMWV. Been searching, but not finding much on this model. Note it's the reverse layout of the normal front winch with controls to right and motor to left when looking from front of truck. It did not come on this mounting plate - I put it there to get some measurements to see if would work in this reversed arrangement. Have not called Milemarker yet, but plan to do so next week.

What model truck did this come off of? Was it front or rear winch? I don't think it was a rear as all I've found had remote solenoids. Anyone have the install manual for this particular unit?

It has an extra Valve?, Bypass? or something hooked up to the hydraulic lines - what is this? I suspect a bypass of some type to return over pressure or something.

Winch labeled 19207SOCN12480535, the extra hydraulic piece appears to be 19207SOCN12506888

Can I mount this unit on front of M998 HMMWV? It appears by measurement the solenoids would clear the radiator hose, and would just need custom hoses.

Should I use or remove the extra hydraulic piece (bypass, return or whatever) on an 86 model M998 or use it?

IMG_20190420_111847 (Large).jpgIMG_20190419_105909 (Large).jpgIMG_20190418_145013 (Large).jpg

kzeyus

Thx for the link - it would appear to be a M1113 winch from this info. Diagrams don't show the piece attached by the hydraulic hoses. Still trying to figure out if I should remove it from the circuit or use it. Has anyone put this model on a M998?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That winch needs 2 ea. mount brackets pn. 12469393-1, and -2.
You can lose the regulator as its only needed for rear Diff. cooling.

kzeyus

Some results from my research and experiments so far:
IMG_20190420_111847 (Large).jpg
This winch is a front winch off an M1113 truck (M1113 has the extended nose). It's nearly a mirror image of the M998 winch. The M1114 rear winch does not have an attached solenoid valve body. The extra valve body on this winch is a pressure limiter (bypass) due to the higher pressure put out by the M1113 PS pump.
The winch mounts off center on the M998 mounting plate (bumper) so that it clears the frame rails. Since the M1113 winch is a mirror image, by default it sits way to far to one side to clear the frame rails. But the winch motor and valve body are designed such that they can be reconfigured so that they will fit the M998 mounting plate. The attached document details the procedure to reverse the winch so that it fits the same way the original M998 model does.
View attachment m1113_winch_on_M998_mount.pdfI have not yet mounted the winch to my truck, so what I have not yet confirmed is if the lower connection for the hydraulic hoses on the reconfigured M1113 winch will be usable or if it will interfere with the cross piece the lower A-Arms bolt to preventing connection of the hoses. I suspect it may be a problem. I'll update this post (and doc if needed) when I get that far and see if it is indeed a problem and if it can be overcome.

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As I said.....Still need the 2 brackets 12469393-1, and -2.
And that pressure regulator is for the diff. cooling...If no coolig diff, then no regulator.
There are 3 differnt power steering pumps...Stock GM style with built on tank, and the 2 ea. A2 types with remote reservoir.
Early puts out 1552 psi, late puts out 1740 psi.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks