• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Military Motorcycles, Scooters, Bicycles Showcase at Camp Plymouth MV Show & Swap Meet, Plymouth, CA USA on April 21, 2023

Major Asstyrd

One of the three themed vehicle showcase displays during this April 19 through 22, 2023 event will be Military Motorcycles, Scooters, & Bicycles. All welcome. It will be Friday, 10-2 at the 49er Village RV Resort, RV space 190 by the office and next to the event headquarters and merchandise sales tent run by the MVCC. The general event details are on the Events forum and all details are at www.MVCCNews.net on the Events tab. Here is the bike flyer/ad:

Bike Showcase flyer 012623.png

I am POC for this dispay and I would love to hear who will bring what. Reason is if we have to many machines for the RV site we'll probably move it to the amphitheater in the middle of the property.

And here is the general event flyer/ad:

Tan CP  flyer 012623.png

If anyone brings a bike and doesn't have a place to keep it before or after the showcase, like if commuting from home or hotel, and you prefer to leave the bike at the event, I should have room at my RV site and can watch it for you. I am the POC (coordinator) for the bike showcase.

On the Events forum I posted the flyers for the other two showcases: Military Dodges plus WW2 Jeeps. These will also be on Friday, 9-noon and 1-4 respectively, at the arena next to our tent campground at the adjacent fairgrounds. Please pass the news to people who don't read these forums. I can send you PDFs of these flyers for emailing around.

Last edited:

Major Asstyrd

Flyers have been edited to show the sponsors for the awards at the three themed showcase displays. Thanks Ron Fitzpatrick Jeep Parts and Midwest Military for supporting Camp Plymouth and our participants!

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sounds like it's going to be a great show and I sure would enjoy it but it's a tad far from me. The bike I always wanted was an old Harley XA but they go for a small fortune. Please post lots of pics.

Mark

Could you kindly take some pics of the HMMWV loaded on the trailer? I'm in the market for a trailer myself and looking for ideas. Thanks,

Mark
Here is the one photo i took Saturday. 20’ 14k deck over. it was slightly too far forward especially when i load the bed with stuff to sell.

i would say 20’ is the minimum length to chain it safely.

Attachments

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Alex Gordon may be there, he was last year, and he comes in from Fruitland, ID. I don't know what he's going to drive.

MarkM

CODE BROWN...It's all going to sh~t !
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great pics thank you, If you get a chance sometime please take a pic of a side view as this will help seeing just where the load is an on trailer. I was hoping an 18 ft with drive over fenders would work it balancing the load may be difficult.

Mark

Alex Gordon may be there, he was last year, and he comes in from Fruitland, ID. I don't know what he's going to drive.
He won’t be this time. He is retiring. Idaho Motorpool is having an auction on the 25th and he has to prep for it. I am actually bringing some flyers down to plymouth to hand out for him.

Great pics thank you, If you get a chance sometime please take a pic of a side view as this will help seeing just where the load is an on trailer. I was hoping an 18 ft with drive over fenders would work it balancing the load may be difficult.

Mark
once i get it all set to run to plymouth this weekend i will take some pics. have to balance tongue weight on the truck with all the stuff i am bringing. But it was pretty well balanced on this trailer in the middle. i had it slightly to the drivers side as the drive train is weird on the hmmwv and didn’t want it to be too heavy on the passenger side.

Major Asstyrd

once i get it all set to run to plymouth this weekend i will take some pics. have to balance tongue weight on the truck with all the stuff i am bringing. But it was pretty well balanced on this trailer in the middle. i had it slightly to the drivers side as the drive train is weird on the hmmwv and didn’t want it to be too heavy on the passenger side.
I'm looking for a bigger trailer for hauling two jeeps if I can find a good deal on a used one. Was thinking of a gooseneck equipment type but maybe a deckover tag trailer would be good. Any wide trailer would allow me to put my motorcycle next to one of the jeeps instead of across the front like I do with my 16' car hauler. So trailer could be as short as possible. A three jeep trailer would be best but I don't think I'd be legal in CA with my Dodge megadually.

Tracer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
He won’t be this time. He is retiring. Idaho Motorpool is having an auction on the 25th and he has to prep for it. I am actually bringing some flyers down to plymouth to hand out for him.
I wasn't sure if Alex would make it or not. Thought he might bring some sure-fire stuff to sell, so there wouldn't be so much to move at the Auction. Alex was always my go to guy for hard to find 2 1/2 ton & 5-ton parts. He will be missed. 😭

Last edited:
I'm looking for a bigger trailer for hauling two jeeps if I can find a good deal on a used one. Was thinking of a gooseneck equipment type but maybe a deckover tag trailer would be good. Any wide trailer would allow me to put my motorcycle next to one of the jeeps instead of across the front like I do with my 16' car hauler. So trailer could be as short as possible. A three jeep trailer would be best but I don't think I'd be legal in CA with my Dodge megadually.
at that size i would probably go goose neck myself due to weight. this is about as much as i would feel comfortable with on a bumper.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks